[Xen-users] First time xen install - Xen DomU runs, but can't find "/dev/root"

I'm trying to get started with Xen and thought I'd do a simple install Fedora 18 as a DomU under a Fedora 18 Dom0. Unfortunately this is not working for me.

It appears to boot the kernel fine, but then complains that it can't find "/dev/root". I presume that this would be a specific root image for the Fedora installer?

Can someone please let me know what I am doing wrong? (details of what I am trying are below).

Also, I had to manually start "xend" to get this far. Is this normal? It didn't appear in the services in /etc/rc.d/init.d.

Thank you

I created a 20GB logical volume /dev/fedora_dhcp1/xen1
I mounted the Fedora 18 installation ISO into /mnt/install (-t iso9660 -o loop,ro)
I created the Xen DomU instance using the following command...
# virt-install --paravirt --name xen1 --ram 256 --vcpus 1 -f /dev/fedora_dhcp1/xen1 --network bridge=br0 --location /mnt/install --graphics none

The DomU seems to load the kernel fine (it comes up with all the usual kernel messages) but then drops to emergency mode saying that it could not boot. The last few lines from the console are as follows...

[    8.304193] Initialising Xen virtual ethernet driver.
[    8.358337] blkfront: xvda: flush diskcache: enabled
[    8.457020]  xvda: unknown partition table
[  OK  ] Started Show Plymouth Boot Screen.
[  OK  ] Reached target Basic System.
dracut-initqueue[276]: Warning: Could not boot.
[  OK  ] Started Show Plymouth Boot Screen.
[  OK  ] Reached target Basic System.
dracut-initqueue[276]: Warning: Could not boot.
dracut-initqueue[276]: Warning: /dev/root does not exist

Entering emergency mode. Exit the shell to continue.
Type "journalctl" to view system logs.

dracut:/#