Re: [Xen-users] Can't create a new VM with XEN 4.3

On Wed, 2013-11-13 at 20:18 +0100, jpliste wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After some Debian updates and switching to "xl" it is better, I can
> create new VMs. But I can't find with xl the command like "xm new".
> So I have to create the VM and the command "xl --list" show only the
> running machines, "xm --list" would show all the VMs.
> This is why I was sticking to "xm".

This is known as "Managed domains", which is deliberately not a feature
of XL. http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/XL#Anti-Features has some links to other
actively maintained toolstack which do include that feature, libvirt and
xapi spring to mind. For some subset of users the "xendomains" script
will do the job as well.

Ian.