Re: [Xen-users] Xen black screens while booting in Arch Linux with UEFI GRUB

On Wed, 2013-12-18 at 04:03 -0300, Zir Blazer wrote:

> GRUB UEFI-GPT: [...]
> Syslinux UEFI-GPT: [...]
> Gummiboot UEFI-GPT + EFI file: [...]

> Due to the fact that I tested three different Boot Loaders

As I said in my original reply xen.efi is supposed to be booted directly
from the EFI shell, not via a bootloader.

Whether or not that is your problem I don't know, but that is what I
believe is supposed to work, whereas all these others are unknowns, so
please try that. (this is because Xen needs to be called EFI Boot
Services still available and bootloaders tend to call ExitBootServices
before calling the kernel)

If it still doesn't work then I think you should report to the -devel
list as a potential bug. According to the MAINTAINERS the relevant
maintainer to CC is Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxx>.

> I *STILL* didn't managed to get my Radeon 5770 passthroughed properly
> (I think I should leave this for another mail with a proper topic,
> but...)

Yes, please, VGA passthrough is an entirely different can of worms.

> Its 4.3.1-2. I actually mentioned it in previous mail, but you
> probabily missed it due to my amazing wall of text :D

Yes I did, sorry.

Ian.