Re: [Xen-users] qdisk and debian

> I started to use qdisk with xen from qemu 1.3 and I already used it also with
> qemu 1.7 without found problem.
> I had also tested qemu debian package with xen compiled from source since
> qemu 1.4, I not tested the latest from debian package but should be working,
> qemu debian package have also some features missed on upstream qemu
> compiled
> from xen (for example spice and usbredirection).
> Probably your problem can be related to bad hvm domUs support on xen
> debian
> package:
>
> If your problem is another please post details and I'll try to help you.

Thanks I think I figured it out. I had to add backendtype=qdisk onto the end.
The instructions at
http://xenbits.xen.org/docs/4.3-testing/misc/xl-disk-configuration.txt didn't
work for the pure "<key>=<value>" type specification, at least under debian. I
had to tack 'backendtype=qdisk' to the end of a fixed position parameter style
configuration.

With qdisk enabled under a current Jessie install, qemu-system-i386 was sitting
on a steady 12.3% cpu though, even though the domu should have been idle. As
soon as I ran an strace against the process it dropped to idle%, so I don't
know what was going on... maybe the domu really was just busy.

Rebuilding debian qemu package with rbd support now... hopefully that works
without any fuss!

Thanks again!

James