Re: [Xen-users] Bridging works fine under KVM but not Xen

On Wed, Jan 08, 2014 at 12:20:44PM -0600, Glenn E. Bailey III wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I've just recently gotten to re-visit an issue I've been having
> getting Xen bridging to work on a host I'm trying to build. I
> originally posted my issue back in late November under the topic "Dom0
> seeing traffic on br0 but it's not routing".

Did you try out all suggestions provided by Alexandre in the original
email thread?

> The issue is that the hvm DomU does see traffic when I do a tcpdump on
> the primary interface that is running of the bridge, but it can't
> route past the host. I can ping the host, but not anything past it.
>
> Thought it could be a MAC filtering issue on the switch, so I took the
> MAC from the DomU and spoofed it on the Dom0 without any issues,
> traffic routed normally.
>
> Now this is a new build so for testing purposes I went ahead and wiped
> it, did a KVM install instead of a Xen, setup the bridged network the
> exact way that I did for the Xen build, and bridging worked right out
> of the box (hvm as well).

This is a bit confusing. KVM only supports hardware virtualization.

Does the KVM guest has the exact same MAC address as Xen HVM guest?

> This makes me conclude that there is an issue w/the Xen configuration
> itself? I'm running CentOS 6.5 x86_64 for both KVM and Xen. I thought
> maybe it was the Xen implementation for CentOS so I tried SuSE and got
> the same results.

I still don't see anything obivous. Do you have anything specific
configured for Xen? Having a look at content of the Xen package you use
might provide some clues.

Wei.