Re: [Xen-users] BSOD after installing EJB Digital GPLPV Drivers on fresh Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise

  • To: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Jan Hejl <jh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 22:10:03 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 21:10:45 +0000

Dne 8.1.2014 21:55, Jan Hejl napsal(a):

Dne 8.1.2014 01:06, James Harper napsal(a):
Hi everyone,

i've just installed new (clean and fully updated) Windows 2008 R2
Enterprise domU on Xen 4.3.1-r1 (Gentoo, hardened, kernel 3.11.2) as
PVHVM and tried to install GPLPV to make it work as proper PVHVM domU.
But after installing the newest signed drivers from
http://www.ejbdigital.com.au/GPLPV/ (doesn't matter which version) it
seems fine until reboot. Then it throws BSOD with
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (see attached image).

Same problem with older Univention drivers.

When I remove vif device from xen config file, windows domU goes fine,
but it's useless without internet connection.

Any ideas what can be wrong? Disabling IPv6 through regedit didn't help
at all.

vif = [
    'bridge=xenbr1, script=vif-bridge, mac=00:16:3e:58:cc:24,
model=e1000'
]

Can you try omitting the model from the vif declaration? That's the only difference I can see between yours and my servers.

The crashing driver is reported as sacdrv.sys, but that's part of the OS as far as I can tell. Maybe there is something about the e1000 driver that windows doesn't like having it unplugged by GPLPV?

James

Hi James,

unfortunately ommiting model declaration didn't help. I also tried to install last drivers from uninvention.de (with ommited model declaration) and it throws another exception (see attachment).

Could you please post your config, please?

Maybe i'm missing something, could you please post your install steps? Or check mine?

1. Install clean Windows 2008 R2 machine
2. Install all windows updates
3. Install GPLPV drivers.
4. ... it should work, but it doesn't for me ...

Thank you and have a nice day
Jan

Update: After uninvention.de drivers installation -> BSOD -> reboot, there's Xen network device visible, but inactive with error CODE 31 - windows cannot load driver ...