Re: [Xen-users] Guest domain cannot connect to outside network

Dear Ian,

Thank you so much for your reply!

2014/1/24 Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
On Thu, 2014-01-23 at 17:33 -0500, Meng Xu wrote:

> auto xenbr0
> iface xenbr0 inet dhcp
>     bridge_ports eth0 eth1

You've got two physical devices on this single bridge. I don't know if
that is problematic but it is a bit unusual and might require other
tweaks to the network configuration.

Can you try with just one or the other device and see if that helps.

Once you've confirmed that and if you still want to make use of both
physical devices then you should use the bonding driver to link the two
devices and then put the bondN device on the bridge

After I only attache eth1 and vif2.0 to bridge, and restart the network service, it is still the same situation. So the problem may not because of the two network devices.

If that doesn't help then can you tell us where on the network your DHCP
server and gateway are (are they in dom0, elsewhere on the network etc).
Are you able to ping domU->dom0 and domU->gateway?

Inside domU, its Gateway is 10.0.50.1, its address is 10.0.50.253; domU cannot ping 10.0.50.1 or dom0; (But domU's DNS works, it can find the ip address of www.google.com). domU's DNS is  158.130.21.22; The DNS or DHCP server is NOT in dom0; they are controlled by our university.
One thing to note is that: domU can use `apt-get` to install package from outside network; But domU can NOT ping outside network, e.g., www.google.com.

Inside dom0, its Gateway is 158.130.50.1, Its DHCP is 158.130.21.22; dom0 can NOT pinig 10.0.50.253.

Right now, I'm thinking if the Gateway 10.0.50.1 really exist? It seems that the ip address automatically assigned to the domU is incorrect.

If I manually change the domU's ip address to 158.130.50.XX, which is in the same sub-network of my dom0's xenbr0's ip address, domU can reach the outside network. However, I don't think this is a good idea because each domU will need a static ip address.

Thank you very much for your advice and help!

Best,

Meng

Ian.