Re: [Xen-users] DomU freeze

On Wed, 2014-02-19 at 12:41 -0700, Shane Johnson wrote:
> Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
>

> 8 days ago I had my Dom0 crash which left me with only images of the
> DomU's on the machine.

By images do you mean just the LVM volumes without the associated
configuration files or something else? I'm not 100% clear if you are
trying to boot from those same images or from some sort of restore from
backup scenario.

How were these guests originally created?

>   I have been trying to bring one back up from these images and when I
> try to start the domain, it just spikes to 100% on the CPU usage and
> freezes on the Bios screen in VNC.

This is an HVM guest then I guess?

100% CPU usage is for the guest VCPU or for a dom0 VCPU -- e.g. the one
running the associated qemu?

Which qemu version is being used?

If it is the qemu taking the time then strace might give you a clue
where/what it is doing.

If it is the guest VCPU then perhaps xenctx (in /usr/lib/xen-X.Y/bin
IIRC) might give a hint.

> In looking at the logs and running xl -vv  there is nothing there I
> could see that would cause this issue.  These can be provided at your
> request.

I think the cfg, xl -vvv output and the xl and qemu logs would be useful
to see, if only to rule out spotting something there.

Ian.