Re: [Xen-users] VGA passthrough with Xen 4.3 and xl toolstack - performance degradation resolved?

  • To: David Sutton <kantras@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "H. Sieger" <powerhouse.linux@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 13:24:19 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Gordan Bobic <gordan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 20:24:54 +0000

About restart of domU after Windows upgrade - hey, that's the famous Windows experience. Joke aside, after Windows updates (and reboots) I also often get a "stuck" Windows domU, or Windows just quits and I have to restart again. This seems to be normal for Windows. However, I can start and close down and restart my Windows 7 domU as often as I like (when not updating Windows) without any performance or stability issues. But then I have a Nvidia card. Again, I'm referring to secondary passthrough.

As for primary passthrough, I have never succeeded with it, though my hardware (the Nvidia Quadro 2000) looks like a good candidate for it. Or am I wrong?

Is the primary passthrough patch you refer to applicable to all graphics cards, or just to AMD? (sorry for my ignorance)