Re: [Xen-users] Fwd: xl can't create and boot vm when with on hard disk assignment

Hi, Liu!
I found something error, when I got a successful boot, Âi see

drivers/rtc/hctosys.c: unable to open rtc device (rtc0) Â Â Â Â Â //most time guest freezes here when unable to boot
Freeing unused kernel memory: 672k freed
Write protecting the kernel read-only data: 8192k
Freeing unused kernel memory: 1612k freed
Freeing unused kernel memory: 864k freed
input: PC Speaker as /devices/platform/pcspkr/input/input0 //some time it also freezes here

Does anyone know why?

On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 7:59 AM, Wei Liu <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 07:51:04PM +0800, Tuan Pengfei wrote:
> Thanks for reply, instead Âof placing files in a valid image, I make all of
> them available in the initramfs, and I load all the files when initrd, and
> when it boots up successfully, I get dmesg, it seems nothing wrong. When
> the guest can't boot, i found it freeze just at the end of launching
> kernel, without any error message. I think there should be something like
> resource conflicts, because sometimes, it freezes for minutes and at last
> successfully launches???
> I am totally confused with this.

Try to increase kernel log level and wait longer? Not having any log is
just impossible to diagnose the problem.

Wei.