Re: [Xen-users] ucode=-1: did anybody have success?

Am 08.05.2014 22:11, schrieb Atom2:
> There is one caveat though: I currently only use XEN 4.3 which does not
> support the prepended file to the initramfs yet. Therefore it might make
> sense to postpone this until XEN 4.4 is considered stable by Gentoo and
> I am up and running with this version. What are your thoughts on this?

I'm using Xen 4.4 on Gentoo (no xend, just xl) now. Including working
microcode update through Xen.

Anyhow, there are several things that would be Gentoo specific or Debian
specific:

- only Gentoo seems to acually install a copy of microcode.dat. At least
Debian (and Ubuntu) don't ship it. Only the microcode in
/lib/firmware/intel-ucode is available. I couldn't find the Fedora
microcode package to take a look at it.
- Debian (and Ubuntu) have the iucode_tool available as a package. Other
distributions don't (including Fedora and Gentoo). Probably, because the
author of that tool is a Debian guy.

Also, so far, we've only covered Intel microcode. What about AMD microcode?

Regards,
  Sven