Re: [Xen-users] Windows 2012 + GPLPV

> But reading such questions on the list I always wondered: What would be the
> advantage of the gpl pv drivers?

ACPI shutdown?

> Windows 2012 and up (and iirc Windows 2008r2) has drivers for virtual devices
> (for hyper-v) that seem to work just fine.
> I can download and store at least 30 MByte/s without special drivers.
>
> It even seems a lot better with "viridian = 1" on Xen 4.4.
>
> So what is the big advantage?

We're using gplpv since windows 2000 and it never was a big deal (=always
worked and boosted performance) until some problems with 2008 and that what I
described in my previous e-mail with Windows 2012.

To be honest, I've never compared performance between non-gplpv and
gplpv-windows.

Michal