Re: [Xen-users] DX58SO Passthrough

On Fri, 2014-06-20 at 22:37 -0700, Jonathan Coleman wrote:

> I recently upgraded from Xen 4.1.3 to Xen 4.4 and now pass through is
> not working for me. If I do xl dmesg, it says IOMMU is disabled
> because of the x58 erranta. This is frustrating because this board is
> working in 4.1.3 and it should not be detected as a problem case.

The fact that it used to work does not necessarily imply that it was
correct or safe (security wise) etc. Have you checked the errata itself
and confirmed that your specific chipset is not one of the affected
versions? If so please can you provide details so the check can be
fixed.

> So I set iommu=force in grub and reboot and then Xen doesn't boot. Is
> there anything else I can try? Or do I have to stay on 4.1.3? Thanks.

Looking at the code and the commit log which introduced this check it
looks like you might want to try iommu=no-intremap, but this is not an
area of code I'm familiar with so I'm not sure about that. I don't know
if you will need to combine with force too.

Ian.