Re: [Xen-users] Some iommu questions(mostly about intel's vt-d)

Hello,

I've finally decided I am gonna go the expensive way.
Getting a E5-1650V2(3.5-3.9Ghz).
http://ark.intel.com/products/75780/Intel-Xeon-Processor-E5-1650-v2-12M-Cache-3_50-GHz

(The other option being 2 x E5-2609 2,4Ghz which will get me 8 cores,
but without HT and on much lower clock - so I'd rather have the
E5-1650V2, also I don't really want to go dual socket)

Those single socket 2011 server motherboards seem like the way to go
if one wants to be sure everything works.

Now I am kinda only considering Asrock vs Supermicro

(no ASUS for me please :), Intel's mobos are uATX and I want ATX, why
would I want to pay 300$+ and get like 2 PCI-E slots)

I am thinking of getting this mobo Asrock EPC602D8A:
http://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=EPC602D8A

Do you think it's good? It's a server/workstation board based on the
602 Chipset with explicit support for Vt-d, a lot of PCI_E slots too,
Sata ports too.

Yet I haven't found any feedback on that mobo, so I'd be cool if
someone could share his thoughts on it.

I will be passing through kinda everything(NIC's, SATA
Controllers,Powerful VGA's,etc).
Only 3-4 cheap VGA's will stay in Dom0(and maybe sound too).

I've read some papers and decided ECC is a must so -
so i will most likely use 8 x 8GB 1600 ECC.

As for storage:
ZFS on 3 x WD Black 2 TB in Raid 5,
And a cheap A-data SSD 120GB as cache.