Re: [Xen-users] Help with VGA passthrough

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Brian Menges <bmenges@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 16:06:51 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 16:07:14 +0000
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=january; d=gogrid.com; h=Received:Received:From:To:Subject:Thread-Topic:Thread-Index:Date:Message-ID:References:In-Reply-To:Accept-Language:Content-Language:X-MS-Has-Attach:X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:x-originating-ip:Content-Type:MIME-Version; b=qm3G9mCS258oVa9i3BCcL9j+9ns8BJ1FnVSaCsYKk96pbQ3kFWJRIBG77ZOXbn2JQFFGtPIwCa9idCqKF/LGKRO8UJQi68NxUj/dwVcF5NJEBABl2md5jCpjvKK805nD;

Daniel,

It definitely gave me a good xorg config:

$ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Section "ServerLayout"

        Identifier     "aticonfig Layout"

        Screen      0  "aticonfig-Screen[0]-0" 0 0

EndSection

Section "Module"

        Load  "glx"

EndSection

Section "Monitor"

        Identifier   "aticonfig-Monitor[0]-0"

        Option      "VendorName" "ATI Proprietary Driver"

        Option      "ModelName" "Generic Autodetecting Monitor"

        Option      "DPMS" "true"

EndSection

Section "Device"

        Identifier  "Default Device"

        Option      "NoLogo" "True"

EndSection

Section "Device"

        Identifier  "aticonfig-Device[0]-0"

        Driver      "fglrx"

        BusID       "PCI:0:5:0"

EndSection

Section "Screen"

        Identifier "Default Screen"

        DefaultDepth     24

EndSection

Section "Screen"

        Identifier "aticonfig-Screen[0]-0"

        Device     "aticonfig-Device[0]-0"

        Monitor    "aticonfig-Monitor[0]-0"

        DefaultDepth     24

        SubSection "Display"

                Viewport   0 0

                Depth     24

        EndSubSection

EndSection

- Brian Menges

Principal Engineer, DevOps

GoGrid | ServePath | ColoServe | UpStream Networks