Re: [Xen-users] ARM: Xen on Vexpress

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 15:06:35, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-06-26 at 14:07 +0100, Jeenu Viswambharan wrote:
> > With that, I can run, for example, the command 'xl list' and it lists
> > Dom0 as a running domain (phew!). I hope to launch a DomU guest using
> > 'xl create' command. I looked around the Internet to see if I can get a
> > sample file for an ARM guest, but with no success. I'm a bit dazed at
> > the number of options, which one's are required etc. Please could I
> > borrow one that I can use on Versatile Express board?
>
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_ARM_with_Virtualization_Extensions#DomU_kernel_and_DTS
>  has a simple example configuration.

Thanks. I've copied the configuration made appropriate changes
(attached). For Dom0, I'm using the same kernel as the Dom0, except that
I've diabled Virtualization (therefore Xen too). I suppose that's OK?

I'm executing the command 'xl -vvv create guest.cfg'. The command
reports failing to start a console (logs attached). When the command
returns, I can see that 'xl list' lists a domain named 'guest', but I've
no way to connect to it, or to know whether it has booted properly!

Any thoughts?

TIA.

--
Jeenu

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium.  Thank you.

ARM Limited, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered
in England & Wales, Company No:  2557590
ARM Holdings plc, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ,
Registered in England & Wales, Company No:  2548782