Re: [Xen-users] ARM: Xen on Vexpress

On Wed, Jul 02, 2014 at 12:23:21, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Wed, 2014-07-02 at 12:20 +0100, Jeenu Viswambharan wrote:
> > One hiccup is that I can't quit the shell from DomU, as it's init is
> > /bin/sh and it'll be killed on exit. Because I'm using the same file
> > system as Dom0, DomU wouldn't be able to start upstart either. So I
> > can't find a way to go back to Dom0 once I'm in DomU!
>
> You can exit xl console with Ctrl-[.

I believe that's Ctrl-], which is working for me?

> It might be worth taking a step back and trying to figure out the
> upstart issue in either dom0 or domU, I think the restriction will
> start to be an impediment to you before long (even if its just
> pressing Ctrl-d and existing the init shell by mistake like I do all
> the time in this mode)

Right. Not sure if I can get much out of if it:

  root@(none):/# /sbin/init
  init: missing runlevel
  Try `init --help' for more information.
  root@(none):/# /sbin/init 1
  init: Failed to connect to socket /com/ubuntu/upstart: Connection refused

But will give a go anyway.

Thank you for all your help and patience so far :)

--
Jeenu

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium.  Thank you.

ARM Limited, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered
in England & Wales, Company No:  2557590
ARM Holdings plc, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ,
Registered in England & Wales, Company No:  2548782