Re: [Xen-users] Problems attaching/using vhd as guest disk

Hello,

On 14.07.2014 18:52, Derry Bryson wrote:
> From: Philipp Hahn [mailto:hahn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
>> VHD/VPC in QEMU doesn't support differencing disks, only fixed and
>> dynamic disks,
> I'm not sure I follow.  Are you saying the vhd created by
> ShadowProtect is a differencing disk?

I don't know ShadowProtect, but I've seen that symptom myself when using
differencing disks.

> I only have one vhd file and I
> thought using a differencing disk required a parent and child vhd
> with the child being the differencing disk.

Your understanding is correct AFAIK.

You might want to also check that the VHD image file contains a UUID:
From qemu-img I know that it was using an all-zero UUID, which then
failed some test in vhd-utils, leading to the VPC image being detected
as a raw file instead.

> Disk = [‘/path/to/my.vhd,vhd,hda,rw’]
                           ^^^
You also might want to try 'vpc' there, as that is the names as used by
QEMU. (I'm still using xen-4.1, so I don't have any xen-4.4 knowledge yet).

Philipp