Re: [Xen-users] Cheap IOMMU hardware and ECC support importance

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Gordan Bobic <gordan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 09:14:22 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 08:14:45 +0000

On 07/17/2014 08:34 AM, lee wrote:

To back it up, I'd still have to make an archive which I can upload.

Depends on how the backup service works. Many have a deamon that
monitors directories you specify and uploads changes.

Then I won't be able to encrypt them with gpg.

Yes you can. You can, for example, set up lsyncd to monitor the
encrypted directory, rather than the mountpoint, and sync encrypted
files to an alternate location (local or remote). The backup
daemon never needs to see the plain text files.

I'd still have to encrypt them.  Other than that, yes, maybe if I had a
database of all files telling some system that encrypts and uploads them
which files have changed, and if I had something that monitors all files
in some useful way, it may be possible.  I don't have such a system,
though, and no remote place to store files at.

You may not have noticed I mentioned "lsyncd" which does such monitoring and copying.

Gordan