Re: [Xen-users] xl create unable to connect to console, 4.4.1-rc1 build from source

On 07/25/2014 02:44 AM, Olaf Hering wrote:
On Fri, Jul 25, Ian Campbell wrote:

Regarding python: I assume there is just a single, clean python
installed on that host. The "python tools" are just binaries like
everything else. What matters is where the "python libs" are installed.
In my install attempts they are installed in
${prefix}/lib64/python/site-packages, independent from --libdir=. The
target dir is provided by the system python. Maybe the used target dir
is not in systems python search path? If so, that would be a bug in that
python installation.

Olaf
After cleaning out the Xen installation (which included a lot of manual removal of stuff in /usr/lib, /usr/lib64, etc on top of make uninstall), I was able to successfully build and get everything working without symbolic links. Looks like --prefix=/usr was the key, in addition to --libdir=/usr/lib64.

Thanks again,
David