[Xen-users] Arch linux PV guest won't boot

Hi,
I have Xen installed and running several (win 7) HVMs.  I've setup an
Arch linux PV guest but I am having a problem booting it. (The install
image booted fine.) After each failed attempt to boot I try to view
the /var/log/xen/bootloader.XX.log file but all of these files are
zero bytes.  So, I'm having some trouble troubleshooting this.  I
followed the instructions from
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/xen on setting up an Arch PV and
do not think I missed anything.

This is the error message I get:
[root@earth arch1]# xl create -c /vm/arch1/arch1.conf
Parsing config from /vm/arch1/arch1.conf
libxl: error: libxl_bootloader.c:628:bootloader_finished: bootloader
failed - consult logfile /var/log/xen/bootloader.85.log
libxl: error: libxl_exec.c:129:libxl_report_child_exitstatus:
bootloader [-1] died due to fatal signal Killed
libxl: error: libxl_create.c:1022:domcreate_rebuild_done: cannot
(re-)build domain: -3

This is the vm conf that I use when booting with the arch install iso
after loop mounting it /mnt.
name = "arch1"
kernel = "/mnt/arch/boot/x86_64/vmlinuz"
ramdisk = "/mnt/arch/boot/x86_64/archiso.img"
extra = "archisobasedir=arch archisolabel=ARCH_201410"
memory = 1024
vif =  [ 'mac=00:16:3E:42:01:3D,bridge=xenbr0,model=e1000' ]
disk = [ '/vm/arch1/arch1.img,,hda,w', '/vm/img/ARCH_201410.iso,,hdb,cdrom']

This is my vm conf used to boot the VM after installing arch and
umount-ing the loop mounted iso:
name = "arch1"
bootloader = "pygrub"
memory = 1024
vif =  [ 'mac=00:16:3E:42:01:3D,bridge=xenbr0,model=e1000' ]
disk = [ '/vm/arch1/arch1.img,,hda,w']

For any Arch guys on this list, below this is an abbreviated version
of how I install arch on the VM.  During the install I don't think
I've missed anything from the wiki .  And everything goes smoothly
(i.e. all commands complete without error).

My understanding is that pygrub will take care of booting as long as
/boot/grub/grub.conf exists and is setup correctly which I believe I have done.
I copied the sample grub.conf from
"Xen - ArchWiki"(https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/xen)
and used the UUID for "/" found in /etc/fstab (its the same I get from blkid)
The wiki mentions that without certain modules in /etc/mkinitcpio.conf
 the VM will not boot.  But I've added them as shown below.
So I'm not sure why I'm getting the above error.

gdisk /dev/xvda

1
<enter>
<enter>
8e00  #this sets up my lvm partition to stick everything in (root and
home) as shown below.

pvcreate /dev/xvda1
vgcreate arch /dev/xvda1
lvcreate -L 18G -n root arch
lvcreate -L 1G -n home arch

mkfs.ext4 -F /dev/mapper/arch-root
mkfs.ext4 -F /dev/mapper/arch-home

mount /dev/mapper/arch-root /mnt

mkdir /mnt/home
mount /dev/mapper/arch-home /mnt/home

pacstrap -i /mnt base base-devel

genfstab -U -p /mnt >> /mnt/etc/fstab

arch-chroot /mnt /bin/bash

#setup /etc/locale.gen & /etc/locale.conf
#setup host name
#setup network

sed -i 's/MODULES=\"\"/MODULES=\"xen-blkfront\ xen-fbfront\
xen-netfront\ xen-kbdfront\"/g' /etc/mkinitcpio.conf
mkinitcpio -p linux

mkdir /boot/grub
cd /boot/grub
cat /etc/fstab
#create /boot/grub/grub.conf based on the sample from "Xen - ArchWiki"
with the UUID for "/" found in /etc/fstab (its the same I get from
blkid)
After doing the above install I poweroff and umount the loop mounted
iso. I then get the above error message when running xl create.
Unfortunately the bootloader logs are empty