Re: [Xen-users] VIF interface gets IP adress and is used as 2nd default route

Hi Sebastian,

> Am 28.11.2014 um 10:01 schrieb Stuecker, Sebastian
> <sebastian.stuecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> The problem only occurs on the first one, which is where the DHCP Server is
> running on the DomU - when I deactive the DHCP service there (and run another
> DHCP service on an independent physical machine instead), the problem does
> not come up (after reboot). I can even see the DHCP lease on the windows
> server with the MAC address fe:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff.

just a shot in the dark: This sounds to me like a Ubuntu problem (and not menâs
side), because Ubuntu âseeâsâ a new network interface for which it did not have
any configuration details - so it tries to auto-configure it by a DHCP Client
or similar.

Could you try to explicitely configure the vif of your Win Dom0 to ânoneâ or
similar in Ubuntu (dome) to avoid DHCP clienting?

btw: You are able to define a static interface name for your DomUs (like win0
instead of a random vif[n]) - this might helpâs you here too.

hth
cheerioh,

Niels.
Syndicat IT & Internet