Re: [Xen-users] VIF interface gets IP adress and is used as 2nd default route

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 4:01 PM, Stuecker, Sebastian <sebastian.stuecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

the config of the problem domain with Windows 2012 Sever is:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/9280384/

The config of Windows 8.1 domain is basically identical, so I donât think itâs a config problem

http://paste.ubuntu.com/9280372/

The problem only occurs on the first one, which is where the DHCP Server is running on the DomU - when I deactive the DHCP service there (and run another DHCP service on an independent physical machine instead), the problem does not come up (after reboot). I can even see the DHCP lease on the windows server with the MAC address fe:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff.

Regards

The most obvious answer would be "just turn off DHCP on the domU". Most likely you wouldn't want that anyway, since multiple DHCP server on the same network causes lots of problems.

Having said that, I note two other things:
(1) ubuntu 14.10 is not LTS. It will be EOL july 2015, so I don't recommend it for anything than a test system.

(2) the fact that dom0's vif11.0 gets an IP address means it's somehow configured as DHCP. Probably as the result of network manager greedily trying to configure all interfaces. You'd probably need the equivalent of this patch, but for vif

--Â
Fajar