Re: [Xen-users] XENBUS timeout connecting to device (Hard disks not detected)

On 01/05/2015 04:15 PM, Philippe-A. Lemelin wrote:

> On 15-01-05 10:33 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
>> George, is blktap expected to work with the xen4centos (6) packages?
>>
>> (not trimming quotes for George's benefit)
>>
>> I wonder if tap vs. tap2 is a xend vs xl thing.
>>

> This is not the first installation of Xen we did but it is the first
> time we have seen this behavior (see lower in this email, forcing tap2
> solved the installation issue). We currently have 4 Dom0 running the
> same hardware/OS but installed at different time in the last 6 months.
> The installation is a manual process but respects the same written
> procedure each time so there must have been a change in CentOS packages
> somewhere at the end of November or the beginning of December. We are
> still trying to figure what the difference is.

Well the x4c packages have been getting minor updates fairly regularly.
 What versions are installed on the working hosts?

It's possible that one of the fixes backported to 4.2.5 actually broke
something in xend and nobody noticed...

 -George