Re: [Xen-users] N00b question: STOP 0x7B when doing a P2V

On 04/02/15 15:20, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-02-04 at 15:07 +0100, Marc de Bruin wrote:
>> So I'm guessing I either need to prepare the source before running dd
>> (e.g., add additional IDE/ATA-drivers) or add those drivers from the
>> Windows 7 recovery mode command prompt.
>>
>> However, I'm unable to conclude which drivers to add, and when. Or am I
>> on the wrong track with this.
>
> Caveat: I know next to nothing about Windows... but... might sysprepping
> on the original system before taking the copy help?
>
> https://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/cc721940%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

I also thought of that myself, but my fair is that sysprepping it will
delete valuable global data from the Windows installation. E.g., the
physical Windows is part of an Active Directory domain. Sysprepping it
will most certainly destroy that relationship.

Great thought though, much appreciated!

Greetz,
Marc.