Re: [Xen-users] N00b question: STOP 0x7B when doing a P2V

On 04/02/15 15:27, James Dingwall wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 04, 2015 at 03:07:27PM +0100, Marc de Bruin wrote:
>> So I'm guessing I either need to prepare the source before running dd
>> (e.g., add additional IDE/ATA-drivers) or add those drivers from the
>> Windows 7 recovery mode command prompt.
>
> I used to use the unsupported method at the bottom of
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314082 to solve this.  I
> assume that either the same or a similar method will work for Windows 7.
> Make sure to connect the disk as hda
> in the xen configuration (as opposed to sda) so that it is attached to the
> emulated IDE controller.

Thank you for getting back to me. With specifying hda (as opposed to
sda) in the xen configuration file, you mean on the "disk = [
'script:file:/....,xvda,w']" directive? Replacing xvda with hda or sda?

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976 seems to be the equivalent Windows 7
> workaround.

Wow, I didn't know there was an alternative to 314082. I tried 314082
but that's for XP if I recall correctly.

Greetz,
Marc.