Re: [Xen-users] vga passthrough with amd radeon r9 285

  • To: "'Brian Paterni'" <bpaterni@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Eric Houby" <ehouby@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 16:54:10 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 23:55:12 +0000

> dom0 is debian unstable (linux 3.16, xen 4.4.1). Though with the qemu-
> traditional device model removed in debian [1], gfx_passthru is currently not
> possible with debian-provided packages (?)

Brian,

Have you tried passing the video card to the VM without enabling gfx_passthru?
I have found passing the video card as a secondary video device works well and
seems to be supported on more hardware.

> As a result, I've begun to compile from source, but xen git master results in
> the fallowing error message:
>
>    The kernel doesn't support reset from sysfs for PCI device

I see this message too, but everything works as expected.

-Eric