Re: [Xen-users] ENC: Failed to insert 'xen_evtchn': No such device

On Thu, 2015-04-02 at 14:42 -0300, Carlos Gustavo Ramirez Rodriguez
wrote:
> >make install will not enable sysv or systemd services. Distro
> packages
> >are supposed to enable themselve. If that is not desired by distro
> >maintainers the distro should provide ways to easily enable services.
> >Ubuntu probably has code to enable the sysv "xencommons" script.
> Perhaps
> >Ubuntu is not uptodate and lacks the knobs to enable all of the
> systemd
> >.service files above.

It's not Ubuntu, this is simply something which needs to be done after
installing Xen.

> Well, if it is not the default behavior to enable these services, at
> least these procedures should be detailed at the WEBPAGE of XEN
> Installation,

It's written at
http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Compiling_Xen_From_Source#Post-Installation
and in the file called INSTALL at the top level of the source tree.

Which instructions were you following which didn't mention them, so we
can update them?

> Should I open a Bug Report inside Ubuntu?

No, xen-watchdog.service is documented as being optional.

Ian.