[Xen-users] xen-4.5.0 and (u)efi video and usb keyboard

greetings,

i recently upgraded my system hardware and it came with (u)efi,
which became quite a learning experience.  i solved most of the
problems by booting under bios intead of (u)efi, but that merely
postponed the problems.

if i boot without xen, my system works great with (u)efi.  the
usb keyboard works as expected.

my issue(s) deal with xen-4.5.0 and video output and an usb
keyboard.

specifically, my video totally blanks under (u)efi until my kernel
kms kicks in.  does a way exist under grub/(u)efi to properly set
my video resolution prior to the kernel kms?

under bios, my video can look 1024x768.  under (u)efi, it sees
it as 1366x768.  my first attempts at 1024x768 merely truncated
the screen width.  btw- i still use my old lcd monitor.

any time i tried to boot xen under (u)efi, i lost my usb keyboard.
i use encrypted partitions, and the kernel requires a password.
i see the prompt, but my system acts like (u)efi prevents it from
properly handling the usb identification to access the keyboard.

what can i do about these issues?

i gather (u)efi may need to wait until xen-4.6.0 for direct grub2
booting, but i thought the chainloading was supposed to work now...

thank you for your time and assistance.

frank smith
--
squidmobile [at] fastmail [dot] fm