Re: [Xen-users] xen-4.5.0 and dom0 x11 vm sdl/vnc woes

On Thu, 2015-04-02 at 16:41 -0400, squidmobile@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> why does this happen, and how do i fix it?

Did you also change distro at the same time, because I have no other
ideas other than to wonder if perhaps your window manager or desktop
environment also changed as part of the upgrade and are interacting
badly with tigervnc et al.

IOW I don't think this is an X11 problem, but perhaps a GNOME/KDE/Unity
one. Since that is where I would expect issues with focus, keyboard
mappings and screensavers to lie.

Especially in the VNC case Xen itself doesn't interact with the GUI at
all -- that's all down to the vncclient (which isn't part of Xen).

Maybe some more details about your system, i.e. distro setup etc might
cause a lightbulb to go off in someones head. Hopefully because I at
least have no other ideas :-/

> a related question:  when i launch a vnc window, it sometimes
> closes a different, random x11 window.  i see no rhyme or reason,
> but the closed window at one time (tried to) launch(ed) a vnc
> window.  if memory serves correctly, it sometimes closes windows
> that did NOT run a vnc launch process.  my system provides dom0
> with 4gig ram, so i cannot see lack of memory as the cause.

Are these things crashing? Have you run memtest on this new system?

Ian.