Re: [Xen-users] xen 4.3.3 -> 4.4.1 after dom0 upgrade : domU refuses to boot

On Wed, 2015-04-22 at 15:34 +0200, Pierre Peyronnel wrote:
> Indeed it's not cleaned at startup...
> Sorry for the list, my mistake when clicking.
>

> Then i don't know what's the good fit it the only choices are  tmpfs
> (cleaned at boot) or disk (not cleaned at boot).
> It looks that the FHS has not planned for a temporary space on disk
> and cleaned at boot.

That's /tmp. Unlike /var/run and /run I don't think it is reasonable to
put this on a very space constrained filesystem (whether or not it is a
ramdisk), application expect to put reasonably large things there.

So if the plan is to move /tmp to a tmpfs then it will need to be more
reasonably sized for that usecase.

Ian.