Re: [Xen-users] network access to dom0 in network driver domain

I tried the simpler approach suggested by Simon and it worked.
Thanks Simon and Nils for your support.

Regards,
Ravindra

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 8:13 PM, Ravindra Kumar Naik <ravin.iitb@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks Simon and Nils for your suggestions, this is very helpful.
I will try them tomorrow.

Regards,
Ravindra

On Mon, May 18, 2015 at 6:41 PM, Simon Hobson <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Hildebrand, Nils (BIT II 9)" <Nils.Hildebrand@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I did a similar setup at home.
>
> Create two bridges on the Dom0:
> ÂÂ Â Â Â Âinternet
> ÂÂ Â Â Â Âintern
>
> Attach your physical NIC to the internet bridge but do not assign an IP in the Dom0 to that bridge.
>
> Then assign a private IP to the intern bridge on the Dom0.
>
> Assign VIFs for both bridges (i.e. two vifs) to the driver DomU.
>
> Within the DomU do whatever is necessary to access all needed internal/external networks.
>
> Assign the DomU-intern-IP as Default-Gateway in the Dom0.
>
> This should work pretty well.

I assume the OP has specific reasons for not doing this - there are several. One that comes to mind is the network I/O bottleneck it causes as (AIUI) network traffic passing through Dom0 to/from DomUs goes through a single threaded process.