Re: [Xen-users] Configuration file guest deleted

On Tue, 2015-07-21 at 14:08 +0100, pietrop wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've accidentally deleted the configuration file of my guest during a
> clean up, fortunately I am still able to restore and save the guest I
> was running but I'd like to regenerate the configuration file in
> order
> to shut it down and create it again when needed.
>
> Apparently I can generate a new config file running the command 'xl
> list
> -l <domainid>' but that command results in a file format - phyton ? -
> which is not recognized by the xl tool.

It'll be either sxp or json.

> I am running Xen 4.4.1 on a Debian 64 bits disto.
>
> Any tips ?

There should be a copy in one of the /var/lib/xen/userdata-* files, I
think.

If not then I think with 4.4.x the domain config is contained in the
save file near the start, so with a suitably tolerant editor you might
be able to open it and grab what you need, ignoring the binary bits...

Ian.