Re: [Xen-users] Xen bridging issue

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 06:09:08PM +0000, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

> > Commit id
> >
> > 4c82ac3c37363e8c4ded6a5fe1ec5fa756b34df3
> > 32a844056fd43dda647e1c3c6b9983bdfa04d17d
>
> These don't fix the bug that I fixed in xen-netfront.c.  Specifically,
> in talk_to_netback() num_queues needs to be updated after return
> from xennet_create_queues(), because the latter might create fewer
> queues than requested:
>
>     + num_queues = info->netdev->real_num_tx_queues;
>
> A related question was whether further improvements are needed to
> make it more likely that xennet_create_queues() does not (in typical
> use) create fewer queues than requested.  This might mean making
> more "grant refs" available to the front end.

Any feedback on the above?  I am not sure the fix is complete.
Should the netfront code run out of "grant refs" on guests with
many CPUs, and just deal with that (as above), or should something
else also be change so that the above action rarely needs to be
taken (becomes a noop under "normal" conditions).

Will someone review the patch and forward upstream?

--
        Viktor.