Re: [Xen-users] Memory Tracing using XEN Hypervisor

On Mon, 2015-10-05 at 11:05 +0100, George Dunlap wrote:

> You probably don't actually want to intercept *all* memory operations
> (which would slow down VM execution by probably millions of times),
> but instead just memory operations on the specific regions of memory
> you care about.
>
> These interfaces are actively used and maintained by at least two
> different companies who have proprietary VM introspection products.

Some, hopefully, related and helpful links:

https://blog.xenproject.org/2015/08/04/the-bitdefender-virtual-machine-
introspection-library-is-now-on-github/

https://lccocc2015.sched.org/event/c1ff0bf1251fd79eef22c54369371f44#.Vh
OJmnVStBc
http://xendevsummit2015.sched.org/event/e73b37ed8a7e792b397d59b1294681e
6#.VhOJmnVStBc
http://xendevsummit2015.sched.org/event/c4135bdaf8c8740eee574ff054430a1
a#.VhOJm3VStBc

And, I don't have the link handy right now, but all (well, at least the
xendevsummit ones, I'm sure) the presentations above were video
recorded. You should be able to find the videos on our YouTube channel
(and the LinuxCon one, perhaps, on LinuxFoundation's channel).

Just googling, I think I've seen other videos too (from last year's
XenDevSummit, I think).

Regards,
Dario