Re: [Xen-users] Q: how to solve "shared RMRR" / "gfn already mapped" / GSI ?

Den 14. okt. 2015 15:05, skrev George Dunlap:
> Ah -- yeah, that makes a bisection pretty much impossible. :-( Out of
> curiosity, do you actually need to pass through the entire USB
> controller? Could you pass through just the device itself?

My main reason for firing up windows is to run a high-res usb attached
photnegative-scanner -- proprietary driver :-( ; I don't know whether it
will work, any tips/caveats before I start ? Will
'usb=1;usbdevice=["host:mumble:mumble"]'  work ?

> If not, the shortest path to something working may actually be to buy
> another controller and see if it works when passed through... -George

I'm on my third controller card now, happily the two latest ones seem to
be working with linux domUs now (fingers crossed). Only have room for
two of the cards in the box tho' .