Re: [Xen-users] Removing old glpv windows drivers to install new -> inaccessible boot device

Miniport is just a Windows driver programming paradigm and doesn't mean a lot
without qualification. However, looking at the KB article it seems that the
subject is our old friend that 0x7B BSOD. In Xen PV driver installations this
usually occurs when there is an incomplete driver installation or removal such
that the 'master' PV driver (the Xen Project drivers actually have two: XENBUS
and XENFILT) has requested unplug of the emulated disks, but the PV disk driver
(the Xen Project one is called XENVBD) is missing. This means Windows has no
system disk and the BSOD is the result.

The usual way to recover from this is to boot into safe mode (most PV drivers,
including the Xen Project ones, will be disabled in this mode) and clean up the
registry to get things back into a consistent state. Unfortunately you really
need to know your way around the drivers you're trying to remove to be able to
do this but blowing way all the service keys (under
HKLM/system/currentcontrolset/services) for drivers you no longer want will
usually do the trick.

  Paul