Re: [Xen-users] PVHVP guest launches ok and is completely usable, but what are these multiple errors in the startup qemu-dm-test.log ?

On Tue, 2016-01-26 at 06:00 -0800, suse.dev@xxxxxx wrote:
> > BTW, any reason you are using qemu-trad rather than the default qemu-
> > xen?
> > The latter is preferred these days in most cases (stubdoms being the
> > major
> > exception) and is mostly being kept around in a frozen state to support
> > VMs
> > installed using it on previous versions of Xen, new development and
> > features are only happening for qemu-xen (e.g. you are using
> > hdtype="ahci",
> > which is qemu-xen only).
>
> I tried.
>
> ButÂÂwhen I
>
>       -       device_model_version="qemu-xen-traditional"
>       +       device_model_version="qemu-xen"
>
> Then guest launch fails
>
>       xl create -c 01_template.cfg
>
> [...]
>               libxl: error: libxl_create.c:892:initiate_domain_create: Unable
> to set domain build info defaults

[...]
> I haven't figured out why yet.

"xl -vvv create ..." might give some more clues (I'd consider it a bug that
"Unable to set domain build info defaults" isn't preceded by an explanatory
message at the default verbosity).

Ian.