Re: [Xen-users] PVHVP guest launches ok and is completely usable, but what are these multiple errors in the startup qemu-dm-test.log ?

Hi Ian

> Thanks, still not helpful unfortunately :-/

> In particular if it includes a bios = "rombios" line then that will be the
> cause of the issue, you can just drop that line and get the default
> ("seabios").

Eureka!

I removed

bios = "rombios"

and it fixed this issue -- I can now use model = qemu-xen

AND

it also fixes the OTHER issue in another thread -- I can now see the GRUB menu!
??

> In your original mail you said your cfg includes a bunch of stuff but ended
> with "...", does that mean there was more which you elided? Please could
> you post the whole thing.

For the record my complete config , which now works, is

--------------
name = 'test'
builder = 'hvm'
xen_platform_pci = 1
device_model_version="qemu-xen"

boot = 'dc'
hdtype = 'ahci'
disk = ['phy:/dev/VG0/TEST,hda,w',]

vif = ['mac=00:16:3E:09:00:01, bridge=br0, vifname=vif0, model=e1000',]
videoram = 16
vga = 'stdvga'

vnc = 0
sdl = 0