Re: [Xen-users] Domain-0

On Wed, 2016-01-27 at 16:18 +0000, Chris Arnold wrote:
> > On Jan 27, 2016, at 11:05 AM, Ian Campbell <ian.campbell@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> >
> > See the first hit on google for "xen domain 0" which is http://wiki.xen
> > proj
> > ect.org/wiki/Dom0 . It is the control domain, i.e. the thing which is
> > launched by Xen on boot where the tools reside, I think it is probably
> > what
> > you are referring to as the "physical OS".
> >
> > It is very much a required part of the system. As to why it only showed
> > up
> > now I don't know (it's possible older libvirt shielded you from it) and
> > what that has to do with your performance issues neither. I'd suggest
> > that
> > you persist with SLES support.
>
> Yea, I just read that domain-0 is a major piece and I should not shut it
> down and delete. So is there a config file for xen domain-0 that I can
> adjust the RAM usage? I realize suse does different things to your
> software but if I have the xen config file for domain-0 I could find it
> if suse puts it somewhere else.

There is no config file.

The amount of RAM which dom0 has can be set form the hypervisor command
line (search for "dom0_mem" in the hypervisor command line docs).

You can also adjust it later by using the same tools as you would use to
change the current memory assigned to a domU, assuming those tools aren't
hiding it from you for some reason.

Ian.