Re: [Xen-users] status of guest/DomU UEFI + Grub support in Xen 4.6.1?

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 08:55:50AM -0800, suse.dev@xxxxxx wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 23, 2016, at 08:43 AM, Wei Liu wrote:
> >   $ xl dmesg | tail -n20
> >
> > to see if there is anything relevant.
>
> I'm getting nothing DomU-related there.  I suspect I have to figure out
> what/where to make that logging more verbose ...
>
> > My guess is that you didn't enable OVMF when building Xen -- it is off
> > by default. You should see hvmloader complaining that it doesn't know
> > what ovmf is.
>
> My Dom0 is currently from Opensuse packages.

To be pedantic: this has nothing to do with Dom0 -- it just doesn't
care. It's the Xen package you need to look at (which you already did).

> I'll eventually get to building my own on Arch -- just not there yet; figured
> I should monkey with not-working-DomUs on a know-to-work Dom0, first.
>
> The version I'm using
>
>   xen-4.6.1_01-409.1.x86_64
>
> is built from this .spec
>

> https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/Virtualization/xen/xen.spec?expand=1
>
> I found the doc
>
>   http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/OVMF
>
> which says it needs
>
>  --enable-ovmf
>
> afaict from the .spec, it's NOT enabled for the current builds.

Yes, I got the same conclusion.

You need to add that to the spec file if you want OVMF built.

Wei.