Re: [Xen-users] Remus: No support for network buffering

Thanks Wei.
The script exists and is being read. Because when I move it somewhere else it goes into a different if statement giving error 255 instead of 1.
While installing and setting xen up, apart from the general package installation and standard xen linking, do I have to at anytime do a linking for netbuf? I even explicitly gave the same path in xl.conf still same error.
Point to be noted is I have vif2 in my pc in the etc xen scripts directory, so how come it's searching for ifb device name for vif4 (something it cannot really have because it just isn't there).
Is there a way around this? (making Makefile changes doesn't really help
Make world runs into errors)

Thanks and regards

Harpreet

On 29-Feb-2016 6:46 am, "Wei Liu" <wei.liu2@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 01:05:57PM -0500, Harpreet Singh Chawla wrote:
> Hello Ian
> Thanks for your reply.
> I installed libnl libraries, but then I started getting this error on many
> xen distributions (its the same error on xen 4.6 and 4.5) when I ran the
> same command as above:
>
> sudo xl remus -Fd <domain_name> root@<backup_name>
>
> libxl: error: libxl_exec.c:118:libxl_report_child_exitstatus:
> /etc/xen/scripts/remus-netbuf-setup setup [-1] exited with error status 1

Make sure this script exists. Then you need to figure out why it fails,
probably with some debug output.

> libxl: error: libxl_netbuffer.c:360:netbuf_setup_script_cb: Cannot get ifb
> dev name for domain 4 dev vif4.0
>
> libxl: error: libxl.c:885:libxl__remus_setup_done: Remus: failed to setup
> device for guest with domid 4, rc -3
>

> Although it is working fine with network buffering disabled, as earlier.
>
> My take on this is that there is some issue with setting up the qdisc on
> the backup. Am I right?

I think the issue is in setting up netbuf.

Wei.