Re: [Xen-users] Xen PVHVM DomU's hdX+xvdX redundancy 'confusing' to guests OS's isntaller. An OS, or Xen, issue?

On 03/01/2016 01:05 PM, Sarah Newman wrote:
What happens if you drop "hdtype = 'ahci'" from the config file?

Unclear. Iirc, it was necessary to getting these PVHVM clients to work; though, at this stage of futzing about, I'd be hard-pressed for the details ... I'll give it a try.

Have you looked at dmesg for the installer yet?

With std-level (i.e., not modified from the distro-provided levels), logging, yes. And, nada.

Not surprised, as it's not technically an error IIUC, it's simply dealing with what's presented to it. Now, if that's the Installer's, or Xen's, "responsibility" to un-fubar, I simply don't know yet.