Re: [Xen-users] Xen Continuously Reboots

You have one guest?   I would delete the guest and see if it boots normally.  If so, the the guess was configured incorrectly and you may need to trial and error the problem.
My experience with the machine going into a endless reboot was giving too much memory to the guest.

Mike

On 06/08/2016 05:48 AM, Ray wrote:
> Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 13:48:12 -0700
> From: "russo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <russo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen Continuously Reboots
>
> You maybe allocating too much memory to your guests.
Russo,

Thank you.  I can really use the help as I have not been able to get a VM running yet.
The machine has 16 GB of RAM.  I had included a line to limit the guest RAM to 2GB.  Xen would still not boot.  Then I removed the limits and still Xen would not boot.

Would a VM with a high RAM demand stop Xen from booting?  I thought a VM would not run until after Xen us up.  I could delete the VM configuration and try to boot to Xen, then there would be no VM demand on memory.

Ray