Re: [Xen-users] How to run Android on arm64?

On 08/19/2016 10:04 AM, Julien Grall wrote:

> On 18/08/16 17:55, J. Eppler wrote:
>> Hello Julien Grall,
>
> Hello,

>>> Hello,

>>> It does not look like a Xen arm64 issue for me. What is the command
>>> line option of your kernel?
>>
>> No, it is not directly a Xen ARM64 issue. I guess the solution would be
>> to compile the Android Kernel with Xen Support.
>
> If I understand correctly, the log you posted was from your android,
> right?
>
> If so, you may either forgot to enable some options (such as
> CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_FRONTEND) or did not specify the block on the
> command line.
>
> Regards,

Hello Julien,
I used the kernel config:
http://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/config-hikey and the source
mentioned in https://wiki.xen.org/wiki/HiKey to build the kernel (I will
call it stabellini kernel). I used the same kernel (stabellini kernel)
to run Android, since I did not had any success with the Android kernel
from the pre-build 96Boards Android image.

I think the stabellini kernel works only with the Linux init system and
not with Android's init stystem. Both init systems are very different
from each other.

I thinks the solution would be to insert some of the Android specific
things in stabellini's kernel config, but I have no idea which one.

My assumptions could be completely wrong.

Best regards
  J. Eppler