Re: [Xen-users] How to run Android on arm64?

Hello,

On 20/08/16 01:05, J. Eppler wrote:
On 08/19/2016 10:04 AM, Julien Grall wrote:

On 18/08/16 17:55, J. Eppler wrote:
On 08/18/2016 07:04 AM, Julien Grall wrote:
On 15/08/16 07:05, J. Eppler wrote:
I used the kernel config:
http://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/config-hikey and the source
mentioned in https://wiki.xen.org/wiki/HiKey to build the kernel (I will
call it stabellini kernel). I used the same kernel (stabellini kernel)
to run Android, since I did not had any success with the Android kernel
from the pre-build 96Boards Android image.

I think the stabellini kernel works only with the Linux init system and
not with Android's init stystem. Both init systems are very different
from each other.

I thinks the solution would be to insert some of the Android specific
things in stabellini's kernel config, but I have no idea which one.

It would be easier if you get an Android specific config and add Xen options in it.

The following options are recommended for Xen:

CONFIG_XEN=y
CONFIG_XEN_BLKDEV_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_XEN_NETDEV_FRONTEND=y
CONFIG_HVC_XEN=y