[Xen-users] Internet access for host when hosting router/firewall guest

Hey Everyone,

For the basics I’m running Debian (Stretch) on a NUC (NUC5PPYH) hosting with Xen 4.0.6-1amd64. The router guest is IPFire. I’m bridging the internal and USB NIC to the guest, which does NAT/DHCP. I’m having trouble with is the host is not able to access the internet. From what I’ve read when bridging, I’m not to give a static IP to the host. I’m trying to access the host via SSH as well. After much trial and failure I’m starting to think I need to create a virtual bridge from the guest to the host. Any thoughts or point in the right direction would be awesome.

Thanks,

-Trevor