Re: [Xen-users] xen and iscsi

On 2016-12-11 14:39, Christian Schneider wrote:
Hey,

I want to use Xen with iscsi as storage backend (FreeNAS). My problem is
that I cannot find any information about how to configure a domU to use it.

I am looking for something like:

disk        = [

                'iscsi:???, xvda1, w'

               ]

Is this possible?
As far as I know, no (at least, not for PV domains, it might work for HVM domains), but there are two pretty easy solutions: 1. Configure Domain-0 (or possibly a storage stub-domain) to connect to the iSCSI devices, then point Xen at the local device nodes. This has some slight efficiency issues because of Domain-0 needing to do two translations (iSCSI to local-block, then local-block to Xen), but is easy to set up and doesn't need the user domains to even support iSCSI. 2. Configure the user domains to use the iSCSI devices directly. This is the more efficient option, but is not quite as easy to do, especially for PV domains.