Re: [Xen-users] Email Client for Xen Mail List

Ray Joseph <ray3960852@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am looking for an appropriate email client to improve my communications on
> this list server.
>
> When I reply to emails, I have to craft the ">" characters to get the
> messages aligned.  I do a poor job of that.
>
> I have been using Outlook.com and my own email service on Godaddy.  I do not
> see how to control this in either.

Any half decent client will do it. Sadly there's a lot of crap clients around -
Outlook being one of them (at least the Mac version I have to use at work).

> I would like to be able to use the client whether I am on Windows (now) and
> Linux in the future.  I switch machines a lot so I would like the client to
> be online.

Use an IMAP mail service, then you can use multiple clients/devices to access
it. Once you are using IMAP, then you can pick and choose your clients, trying
different ones out until you find one you like - each one will sync with the
master version stored on the mail server, so you get to see the same emails
regardless of client.
If you want a web service client, then Squirrelmail is a solid but basic one,
Roundcube is a bit more sophisticated.