Re: [Xen-users] booting debian/stretch as EFI guest on Xen 4.9.0 host -- ​\EFI\debian\grubx64.efi "not recognized"?

On 10/17/17 8:31 AM, Robert McNicol wrote:
I use Debian as a host and guest, and Debian OVMF package.

I haven’t had a chance to duplicate yet, but I was thinking, it looks like you are using a SUSE package for OVMF...

yep

maybe try using a deb package, or even build your own...

I'll give a DIY build of ovmf a try later today. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it matters -- the *Suse devs are pretty plugged into Xen dev, but there *have* been (quite awhile ago, now ... ) some ovmf issues that persisted for awhile, that were resolved by 'other' installs.

I have not had the problems you are experiencing, OVMF has just worked out of
the box, however

And it does, here, for everything OTHER than this Debian9 installer instance ... which is the flip side of the coin, above.

Drive = [ '/path/to/image/deb64.iso,,xvdf:cdrom']

Hm.  Interesting idea ... will do.